There’s no end to the options of tech tools that a small business can utilize for their HR tasks. It’s an option overload that often results in not knowing where to start and/or arbitrarily signing up for the first product that pops up. So rather than a list of available software, we’re sharing the five things to consider before making a choice.
Smart tech choices
- Software should work with your existing company culture. This tip is at the top because so often employers try molding their current processes around a new system, when the better avenue is to find a product that can be implemented into existing practices.
- Look for mobile tech options that are built for mobile. This would be software that doesn’t just host documents on a mobile site but rather supports being able to interact with them, such as completing and signing an I-9 form.
- A one-stop (or nearly) shop. One mistake employers make is trying to utilize too many tech options. It’s tempting because there are so many out there but it’s certainly worth the extra time to find the few, not the many, that will get the bulk of the work done. You’re trying to streamline your processes: hiring, onboarding, analytics, therefore leaving your HR department with their most important task: taking care of your employees.
- ONLY invest in user-friendly tech. It’s an automatic fail if the product is difficult to use. It’ll gather dust or worse, convolute processes. And make sure your staff is properly trained to use all software and request their feedback on its’ efficiency.
- The benefit of (and problem with) AI. As business solutions that are AI-based roll out, do make sure before implementing one that your business maintains a human touch. It’s vital to both staff and clients. And regardless of how well AI solutions develop, the lack of a human hand involved with always be detectable. That being said, there are exciting program out there that could really be of use! Do your homework.
And last but NOT least, the best tool to consider is outsourcing your HR department! With an experienced team like Eos HR to streamline tasks, you’ll have the time and resources to focus on growing your business. We make sure small business teams are using the tools that make the most sense for them, leading to more a more productive (and stress-free) company culture. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more.
#HR #weareEOSHR #HRConsulting #HROutsourcing #HRTech #HRTechTools #HRTools #SmartSolutions #SmallBusinessOwner