There’s no end to the options of tech tools that a company can utilize for their HR tasks which often results in not knowing where to begin to look or simply arbitrarily signing up for the first product that crosses their path. So rather than making a list of all the available software out there, we’re sharing the six things to consider before making a choice.
- Software should work with your existing company culture. We’ve listed this tip because so often employers try molding their current processes around a new system when the better avenue is to find a product that can be implemented seamlessly.
- Look for mobile tech options that are built for mobile. This would be software that doesn’t just host documents on a mobile site but rather supports interaction with them, such as completing and signing an I-9 form.
- Job boards that do the work for you. Job boards are aplenty out there! Find one that makes it easy to post, sends out the jobs to multiple boards, posts to your social pages, and integrates into your applicant tracking system.
- A one-stop (or nearly) shop. One mistake employers can make is utilizing too many tech options. It’s tempting because there are so many out there but it’s certainly worth the extra time to find the few, not the many, that will get the bulk of the work done. You’re trying to streamline your processes: hiring, onboarding, analytics, therefore leaving your HR department with their most important task: taking care of your employees.
- ONLY use user-friendly tech. It’s an automatic fail if the product is difficult to use. It’ll gather dust or worse, complicate processes. Make sure your staff is properly trained to use it and request their feedback on its’ efficiency.
- Keep up with what’s out there (but don’t obsess). Find a few blogs and podcasts you can rely on to give objective reviews on new products. Again, make it a few, because we know when the pile of reading (or listening) material gets tall, we ignore it!
The best tool to consider, if we do say so ourselves, is outsourcing your HR department! With an experienced team like Eos HR to streamline processes, you’ll have the time and resources to focus on growing your business. We make sure small business teams are using the tools that make the most sense for them, leading to more a more productive company culture. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more.
#hr #weareEOSHR #hrtools #productivity #smallbusiness